PPG is looking for highly skilled, self motivated, employees to join our team.
Residential / Commercial Generator Tech Lead
This person will service customers seeking emergency standby and/or prime power generation solutions.
Successful candidates will have service or installation experience in related industries such as residential electrical or electrical power generation, experience selling or installing energy solutions, a definite plus.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team for more complicated solutions
- Ensure work order is complete and all materials are available to install project
- Manage the install projects to ensure installs can be completed on schedule
- Work with the Operations Director to ensure there are no scheduling or install conflicts
- Build and maintain relationships with local suppliers and vendors
- Identifies, research, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responds to customer concerns about the company and the products that are offered products.
- Install and service residential and commercial automatic standby generators on site – Generac specific.
- Apply technical skills and knowledge to maintain, troubleshoot and repair standby generators and transfer switches.
- Create a Generator Install Manual for all Technicians to comply with during Installations
- Perform Pre-Install Check Lists to guarantee that all material and equipment is there and ready to be installed before install date.
- Install, diagnose and/or repair Automatic Transfer Switches.
- Perform transfer switch simulated power outage test.
- Perform generator start-ups and customer orientations.
- Connect the generator to the customer’s home or commercial network: Schedule the monthly run and provide basic training to the customer
- Be available to work overtime during busy seasons and on-call rotation, as needed.
- Manage install teams, ensure best use of resources; materials, time, manpower to perform installs in the most efficient and effective way possible
- Good communications skills; will be working directly with customers during installs and troubleshooting/maintenance. Needs to be able to properly communicate with customers during any interaction
- Focus on Customer Needs – Able to leverage a network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful information in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
- Account Planning – Can develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs, and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support account planning as well as customer loyalty.
- Manage Customer Relationships – Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities.
- Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools that can be utilized during negotiations.
- Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e., win/win relationships).
- At least 2 years of relevant sales experience required and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Emergency standby generator experience REQUIRED, preferably with Generac.
- Electrician License “Preferred”
- Generator Installation experience.
- Technical background in generators, engines, and related components highly preferred.
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge required to perform a job successfully.
- Strong work ethic and high sense of motivation.
- Competent knowledge of business software systems, such as BMS, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service Focus with experience in customer problem resolution.
Pay Range : $17.00 – $20.00
Inside Sales Rep.
PPG is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to interact with current and potential customers as well as generator installers to market our leading residential and commercial backup power solution. The successful applicant will sell backup power products and assist the outside sales force network to drive customer proposal activity and customer satisfaction. The Inside Sales Representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day explaining complex technical products, working with partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
- Qualify, prioritize and respond effectively to inbound calls and online inquiries. Communicate product awareness, value propositions, promotions and other order- generating messages to different audiences, including potential end use customers, installers, and distributors.
- Provide pre-installation technical support by answering questions focused on generator system sizing, design, and installation.
- Processing purchase orders and providing order status updates
- Assist in the development and implementation of email communications templates and call scripts.
- Work closely with Outside Sales and Technical Service teams to solve customer problems
- Collect and communicate market intelligence and opportunities from calls
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date records in CRM database
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and explaining technical product capabilities
- Experience selling industrial or technical products with an electrical or mechanical background
- Experience supporting a distribution network with a technical product
- Experience delivering presentations, conducting training and providing product solutions
- Demonstrated CRM experience
- Technical/technical sales background
- Enthusiastic, positive, well spoken
- Excellent phone and written communication
- Computer skills to present data and draw diagrams
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour